↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Series Land Rovers > Series 3 clutch release problem...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Series 3 clutch release problem...
A friend of mine has a S3 Lightweight that he is rebuilding. A few months back, I helped him repair the gearbox, and we refitted it to the car. Whilst the car was not on the road at the time, so we couldn't do a full road test, we did drive it up and down the lane to test the clutch gears etc. All was well.

So, fast forward a few months, and my chum decided to change the clutch slave cylinder, because it was leaking. He removed it and bought a new one. He has refitted it and now says he can't get any peddle, he says the pedal has no resistance despite him bleeding it several times.

He says the pushrod that comes out of the bell housing it very loose and seems to not be attached to anything. Is it possible for this to come off the fulcrum fork?

Sorry for vagueness, but he lives in Shropshire and I live in Stockport, so I can't just pop round and have a look. My experience is all with S2 so can't remember what the S3 was like inside the bell housing.

At the moment my mate is about to lift the gearbox out again, and I am wondering if its something silly. 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #516230 20th Mar 2016 8:15pm
spudfan

Ireland 
I had clutch problems some years ago on the series 111 and it necessitated both master cylinder and slave cylinder be changed. That solved my problem. Probably not much help but it is relatively inexpensive to change the master cylinder so you could try that and hope for the best. It does sound like lack of pressure so try a cylinder change. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #516511 21st Mar 2016 7:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1