↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > MAF Error and limp mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
andy63

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Aintree Green
now that helps me get me head round the wording of the fault code, Thumbs Up as im reasonable confident that I know how the sensor works...when I first tried scoping it I couldn't understand what I was looking at, as the trace of an analogue voltage and the trace of the varying frequency of the digital signal are similar, and it took a while to understand what I was seeing ..I did think the reason for fitting a digital sensor was to save the ecu job of converting...
Post #1034555 12th May 2024 4:33pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
mwestcrew wrote:
Wise words from Martin. I think a lot of people see MAF on a fault code and immediately order a new one.

Yes, the EGR can cause the nuisance, phantom MAF codes as well, where the MAF is in full working order.
It’s a pity there isn’t a DTC for the VCV, as that doesn’t have one produced. Which would have actually have been useful. Whistle Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧

Last edited by custom90 on 12th May 2024 5:40pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1034556 12th May 2024 4:43pm
andy63

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Aintree Green
The mass air flow can be used as a feedback or verification of a working egr system.. When the egr is working there should be a corresponding reduction in mass air flowing as the recycled exhaust gas makes up part of the charge in the cylinder👍
That's if you have a working egr system🤔😂

I'm going to do a bit more on the vcv and fuel rail pressures when I get round to it.. In the hope that a given output will have a bearing on rail pressure..
I tried it a while back but without having a load on the engine the vcv duty cycle was tiny And barely noticeable even when the engine was revved
Post #1034562 12th May 2024 5:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12