↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Touratech QV - GPS Software
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
Touratech QV - GPS Software
Anyone using this and if so what do you think of it? The advantage i can see is you can load all your maps and only have one program to control them all with.
Post #33007 26th May 2010 1:52pm
discoch1

Switzerland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
Hi Sonic

I have been using it regularly for tracking and navigation for the past three years in Europe. Brilliant!!!!
I have about 900Km of tracks all round Italy and France.
I have maps from the normal Vector maps right through to 1:10,000 maps for boundries and fields!
We did a tour a couple of years back where we drive ont an island in th middle of a river.
I only go there once a year and as the vegetation grows it makes it almost impossible to see where you drove last year.
We were able to navigate around the island just using the TTQV prog. and a Navi lock ships antenne to within the wheel tracks of the route from the previous year.

Maps can be overlayed so that you can see contours or zoom out for an overview.
The program is very handy to be able to pass on the tracks to other gps devises.

It takes a bit of getting used to but with the right antenne very accurate.

Greetings from Switzerland, The heart of Europe but we are not in it!!!
Post #33184 28th May 2010 3:55pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
Hi Discoch1
Thanks for the info Thumbs Up sounds like its very good. Do you have any links for the maps you use? and a link to the antenne. I have downloaded the 25 day trial version for now just to have a play with it , and must say im impressed so far.
Regards Matthew
Post #33209 29th May 2010 12:55pm
discoch1

Switzerland 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Zermatt Silver
Hi Sonic

The antenne I am using is a slightly older version of this NL-404P - PDA Empfänger. from Navilock. Goog. Navilock and you will find it.

You can try looking in Britain for one I dont know where you could get one over there.
Cost about 70 Euro over here. But they are so worth it as they are really accurate.
TTQV is doing a bundle at the moment for 360 Euro + Postage and the support from the home page is also
fantastic. They have helped me out quite a few times with mostly user error problems.
There is also a pdf instruction book in English.

The maps I use are the the standard Navteq map that comes with it and then some from (and I have to be careful with what I say next) certain homepages from internal government hp's from Itlay and France....
Say no more.......

With practice you can download to the QV data base on the computer/netbook as many overlaping maps/charts
as you need and as you move on your track the program will prompt you if you want to go to another map, be it a 1:25,000 or a 1:10,000 or what ever.

I have some tours that I do in Italy that if you get on the wrong side of a hedge line even if there is a track on both sides you could get a BIG fine. Not just the leader of the group but the whole group of 6 offroaders.
We also in North Itlay had a problem with the pol. because of unexploded WW1 bombs. We were on the track and the bomb disposal squad were off the track on a hillside near by cant say any more as I might incriminate myself. You know what I mean...!

I have thankfully a good reputation with the local Police and authorities in both North Itlay and also on the
French boarder down to the Med.

But to be safe as you know you should always ask the local Pol. or gov. in that area.

There is a hp. that will give you tracks when you have painlessly logged in that is in German that you can down load all the individual tracks that you need for certain areas of Europe in a format that is very useable on TTQV.

Im not sure if Im allowed post it up on here though?

If you need any more info give me a shout.
Post #33210 29th May 2010 1:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1